Let Me Feel Freedom In the Wind

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Body images

My creative juices finally kicked in and I'm almost on overload. I have always been one who loves to look at things and see what else I can see in it. Example: a tipped over Santa ornament from a distance. For the life of me I could not make out what this "thing" was. I grabbed my sketch book and drew what I thought I was seeing. The result ended up being "Quirkle". He was a cute little bugger/animal and would eventually earn me an "A" for one of my college biology projects.

I also enjoyed spending time in my parents bathroom. (lol) The floor was a pebbled laminate and when you would stare at it you would start seeing all these amazing images. Of course when I would grab a sketch book and sit in there I would never find the amazing things I previously saw.

A few weeks ago there was a partial imprint from the sole of one of my husband's boots on the bathroom floor. It had been snowing and he had tracked in salt and snow onto the horrendous pink tile. Looking at it I could see a gorgeous seahorse that would have been exquisite in batik.

All this leads me to today... These were what I saw from some strands of hair on the bathroom floor (why is it ideas always happen when you are in a bathroom!?)



The first one struck me as a woman's body; a woman who is proud and accepting of her body. The second one I see the beginnings of a horse; and on the bottom at quick glance a pregnant lady or a bumblebee flying straight up. I have all these ideas in my head as to how I would like to present these images. It will no doubt involve a collage form and I think it would be interesting to use magazine pieces for the outlines. Also can do some Zentangles with these forms, painting, adding more drawing to them... etc. etc. So glad I have the next 2 days off from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment